Monday 28 November 2016

DEAR BRIDE

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. When you first told me, I was elated, like it was my very own big day. I pray for you dearest, that your life thereafter, would be as smooth sailing as you desire.
I felt shattered, when you told me that to be on your bridal train, it would cost me N40, 000. I mean,my Salary is just N50,000. Same money I would use to feed, pay my bills and give my parents stipends to support them. If I use all that for a dress of a day's event, how do I breathe, literally?
 Alternatively, I was told to buy a less expensive Asoebi of N30,000. I would hurt, regardless. How do I please you on your special day, and live, still? I tried explaining my predicament to you the best way I could, but you subtly put me in my place. I tried chatting you afterwards, but I realised you blocked my number from Whatsapp, deleted me from Blackberry Messenger, and stopped taking my calls. Do you know I got broken afterwards? We have been there for each other, through thick and thin. We don't need expensive apparels to define our friendship. How do I tell you I miss you, when I can't reach you? Our laughter, our cheer, our words of encouragement to each other? Now our bond has been broken. Over what, an apparel? Really?
I hope to see you smile, as you walk down the aisle, with your beau. I want to be there to hold you, when you accidentally trip from those high  stilettos, as you usually do, lol. I want to be there to wish you well, physically. Don't wanna be a bridesmaid or in your committee of friends. I want to be your friend.

I bleed easily,


Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment