Tuesday 14 February 2017

THE ICICLE 2

Every day birthed a new journey for us, because we always looked forward to what form of joy we would experience, even in the most insignificant things.  We both loved old school songs, and often sang them in patched voices, but we sang, regardless.  Bliss was experienced in the little; you’d drop by with a bottle of my favourite Ribena, just because I was a damn sweet tooth. Sometimes, it was just a home made smoothie, packaged in an empty Eva water bottle, just because I loved it natural. We would snuggle up in your car parked in front of my house, feasting on piping hot Suya and slamming on anything worth talking about.  We would share our fears, our dreams, goals and our future. Happily, your native land wasn’t far from mine, so we shared a lot of interests .  You’d call by 11.pm, and save for the ceaseless rhythms from your heavy breathing, say nothing. But I could hear your unspoken message of love, crystal clear. You always knew what ticked me without asking. One minute, we were dancing to some random number in your crib, the next, we were lazying at the beach, basking under the sun and kissing passionately, every five minutes. I met your folks and siblings and I was treated like royalty, all doting on me like an overpriced possession. I prayed no further, we had finally found each other. 

No comments:

Post a Comment