Tuesday 12 April 2016

MY NAME IS................................

I used to have one funky bobo like that. I  call him Asuquo, my Akwa Ibom Hottie. Asuquo was your Y2K compliant suave. He was eloquent, funny and confident, you know, my dating trio-factor.  So Baebae and I were on one of those romantic nights on Westown Rooftop , Ikeja, during our early dating days  (mehn, those guys do chicken and chips wella), all dreamy eyed  and lovey dovey (ain't no love like new love!). Out of the blues, I  asked him “Asuquo what is the meaning of your name? Asuquo  was 38 at the time. Nna, dude dropped his fork, and stared at me in a way that reminded me of Bishop Imeh, when he wants to act stupid.  He just said “Amaka, do you know I don’t know what my name means? Jesu Oluwa O! So I have been dating a non entity! ( and I don't mean that in a bad way o). Honestly, that was a deal breaker for me, call me paranoid. So he might as well bear “syphilis” or “gonorrhea”, simply because he doesn’t know the meaning. Thereafter, I saw him in a different light.  Like, if you don’t know the meaning of your name, how can you be serious with life? I don even forget say he was still living with his parents at the time (No wonder).  I googled his name later, apparently it means “patience”, in my opinion, an unsuitable name for him.  In my own case, I speak my name in every situation, good or bad. My beautiful names are Chiamaka, Chidinma and Anthonia. Chiamaka and Chidinma mean the same: God is good, while Anthonia means: highly praise worthy. When I am down and out, I always remember that God remains the same good God, regardless of my situation. So I don’t fret about a situation,  more than I can handle and I praise more when I hurt.  Thankfully, it always works.  Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t particularly angry at my Akwa Ibom hottie because he didn’t know what his name meant, I was more particular about him assuming a identity he knew absolutely nothing about, and not taking responsibility to finding out that his name meant.  As in , he couldn't even google his name. Omo, I take off o, before the bobo go wake up one day, talk say him no know me ( lol, I’m just kidding). But it obviously raised a lot of questions about him.  What does your name mean to you?

So I figured, amidst yarning story story, I could also release a piece of me. its just me yarning, blabbing, letting myself, the best way I can. in my book, there are no rules, just saying it as it is. here's to me.........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment